Summer is coming to an end 😦 and for many of you, that means the start of a new semester of school and making first impressions with your professors and classmates.
Here I am going to show you what your should pack in your makeup bag that you keep in your purse/backpack so you look fresh and awake and ready for school! Whether your are in college, high school, or even middle school, this is for you!
Beauty bag essentials:
- Lip gloss: I love keeping multiple kinds of lip glosses on me at all times. I usually go with a good ol’ chapstick (my EOS lip balm), a lip stain (Revlon kissable lip stain balm), and a really glossy gloss (Buxom lip gloss). Depending on my mood or my outfit or the occasion, I can pull out whichever lip product and my lips will look great. There is nothing better than a bright smile and pretty lips 🙂
- Pressed powder: Throughout the day, I tend to “glisten” and around my nose, my forehead and my chin (T zone) tend to get a little shiny so I like to keep a pressed powder with me. My favorite is my L’Oreal true match pressed powder, but any will work. A translucent powder is best because you don’t have to worry about being perfect and it is going to soften your “shiny” areas.
- Oil sheets: along with my pressed powder, I like to keep some oil sheets with me in case I get really oily and I don’t want to cake powder over it. I would suggest using an oil sheet and then applying your pressed powder on top so your face doesn’t look so heavy.
- Concealer: I love my Maybelline instant age rewinder concealer because it is super easy to apply and gives my eyes that needed pick-me-up in the middle of the day. As the day drags on and classes seem like they are never going to end, your eyes can reveal your tiredness. I would go with a roller ball type application because it is the easiest.
- Caffeine roller: If you don’t want to use concealer, this is an amazing alternative! I use the Garnier anti-puff eye roller. All you do is sweep this under your eyes and you don’t even need a mirror. This metal roller ball stimulates circulation around your eye area and the caffeine makes skin look less puffy and more perky.
- Hand lotion: My hands get super dry throughout the day, especially for those of you who are going to be carrying books and handling papers, etc. Hand lotion is a must! Not only does it moisturize your skin and leave them feeling really soft, it smells great too! This is going to keep you scent fresh and lovely all day 🙂
I hope this was helpful and not all of these are necessities. These are just my favorite things to carry around with me while I was in college or at work now. Let me know if you have any makeup bag must-haves in your bag!